Wednesday, November 13, 2019

New Mediterranean Sea Biotope

It's been quite a while... This is my new project:

80 litres tank
2 internal filters
3 levels of LED lighting

That's it...

As usual all inhabitants are collected in the Black or Mediterranean Sea. Start up is as a Black Sea biotope. This is because I live in Bulgaria, the Black Sea coast is just 2 hours away. Most species are interesting, hardy and can be adapted to normal salinity. There are a lot of fish in the Black Sea, easy to find and catch...


Thus I started at the end of May, 2019 with this:


Something new I tried is artificial rock made from brick, wrapped with expanding foam and covered with gravel from the sea. The reason is to have a small rock with holes and crevices where all kind of species can settle. And it worked out actually.

Later I raised salinity and collected some stuff from the Mediterranean Sea:






Now it's November and it'll have a break. I had some algae trouble while setting up, although this normally doesn't happen, since I get live sand, live rock and fresh water from the sea. But may be because of the artificial rock and high temperatures during summer we had a hard time. But it looks quite balanced now...



No comments:

Post a Comment